Saturday, October 15, 2016

Overwhelmed

I feel like I can't keep up with this election. My podcast list is overflowing with new political podcasts, the internet is bursting with new articles, and the breaking news on tv seems non-stop. So the blog seems nearly impossible to keep up with all that is going on.

Several women have now come forward to say they were sexually assaulted/harassed by Donald Trump. His response? LIES ALL LIES. Apparently only women who were sexually assaulted/harassed by Bill Clinton could possibly be telling the truth. Trump claimed he had evidence to prove this women were lying. His evidence? There is none.

Today my friend Anna sent me a text with a link to this article: Donald Trump Calls for Drug Test Ahead of Next Debate. Quite frankly you don't have to read the article to get where he is going with this. He thinks that Hillary has been "getting pumped up" with performance enhancing drugs before the debates. I burst into laughter when I read this. My response to my friend's text was simply "Un. Hinged." My favorite response to this outrageous claim?
 100%. Give me some of that shit, too.

I can't even get into the mess that is his Twitter account.
Time Magazine really summed up the past week very eloquently:
 Total Meltdown.
There really is no other phrase for it.

Meanwhile, I somehow missed this powerful article in the NY Times last Sunday: Shakespeare Explains the 2016 Election.   The whole article discusses Richard III, and why Shakespeare sat down to write a play that discussed the question "How could a great country wind up being governed by a sociopath?" The last line in the article is what gave me the most pause: "Do not think it cannot happen, and do not stay silent or waste your vote."  Do not think it cannot happen. As Brexit taught us, ladies and gentlemen, the unthinkable can happen.

Can we please all work together to make sure it does not?

Comic relief:

No comments: